Monday, March 19, 2012

Unarmed Teen killed by Self Appointed Neighborhood Watchman

I have to write about this because honestly it speaks to my heart. I am going to try my best to be as factual as possible as I write this story. A recent story on CNN has caught the attention of many and outraged even more. The reason this story touches me so is because as much as I would like to say that racsim is dead... that would be simply foolish of me.




17 year old Trayvon Martin was killed last month in Miami, Florida by a SELF APPOINTED neighborhood watch captain named George Zimmerman age 28. The story begins with a series of calls into 911 by Zimmerman, who says that he sees Martin "checking him out" and says that the boy is up to no good. Zimmerman then proceeds to say that he is going to follow the boy "because these assholes always get away." After the dispatcher tells Zimmerman not to follow Martin, he does so any ways. The next call in is a woman calling in saying someone is yelling for help, which is clearly heard in the background. Then a shot is fired..

To this day George Zimmerman has not been charged on the grounds that florida has a "stand your ground" law which means that you have grounds for self defense. Not only did Zimmerman chase the 17 year old down...the kid only had a bag of skittles in his hand.. 

Below I have posted 2different links to help fill in anything I may have missed. Listen for yourself and feel free to leave a comment on what you think may have happened. Please watch both links for full understandings.

Copy and paste in toolbar:

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2012/03/17/mattingly-fl-teen-killed-911-tapes.cnn.html


Whatever the real story, another life is gone. Maybe one day people will understand, we all bleed the same color blood.

R.I.P Trayvon Martin.

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2012/03/18/lemon-fl-teen-shooting.cnn.html

No comments:

Post a Comment